As Vancouverites, you don’t let rainy days stop you from creating memories. You prepare and make it an adventure, and that’s just what we did when we checked out Enchant – Vancouver’s newest and brightest Christmas attraction.
Enchant is the world’s largest Christmas Light Maze, made up of over 55,000 sq. ft. of brilliantly illuminated sculptures arranged to create the perfect atmosphere for an evening adventure. Along with the maze, Enchant features a market with over 40 local vendors, 12 food trucks and a licensed eating area where guests can enjoy their favourite holiday drink.
Enchant Vancouver is an outdoor event with covered (market) and uncovered (maze) areas. It was chilly and wet, and of course as adults we complained about that, lol. But, our Little Moon on the other hand, was having the time of her life, wandering and exploring the beautifully lit grounds. Not once did she say she was cold. She was in awe, especially of the 9 giant reindeer.
There were many families out showing their Christmas spirit and the cheer was contagious! Enchant is a Christmas event enjoyed by all ages, especially toddlers! That’s why I’m sharing 5 tips for enjoying Enchant with toddlers, below!
5 tips for enjoying Enchant with toddlers:
- Dress appropriately. Dress the kids (and yourself) warmly; wear gumboots/waterproof footwear, and don’t forget an umbrella! Enchant is an outdoor event with minimal covered areas.
- Leave the stroller at home. The event is not stroller friendly, especially when wet, as a very thick layer of cedar mulch and gravel cover the entire site grounds. If leaving your stroller at home isn’t an option, leave stroller “parked” somewhere undercover (market or eating area), or right before entering the maze, so it’s less of a hastle. If you’ve got a carrier, I’d recommend bringing instead of stroller.
- Bring a camera. Oh, who am I kidding, just have your cell phone ready to snap some great photos of your little one. There are some awesome photo opps; from the 9 lit reindeer, a beautifully illuminated arc (or tunnel thing), to Santa himself!
- Use the washroom (and change diapers) beforehand. There are port-a-potties on site, but we all know these aren’t very kid friendly. And, I didn’t see any change tables. So, I would suggest putting babe in a fresh diaper or using the washroom before heading into Enchant, just in case.
- Bring snacks/thermos. Outside food and drinks are not permitted inside Enchant. But, what the heck, we’re parents and have the perfect little excuse! Bring some quick snack for babe, and a thermos full of your favourite holiday drink. In our case, hot chocolate.
Eat, drink, explore and shop – experience the wonder of Enchant this winter. Located at 1st and Crowe Street. And is open now until December 31st, from 4pm – 10pm.
Will you be heading to Enchant – Vancouver’s newest Christmas attraction? If you’ve already been, are there any tips you’d add to our list?