Being able to give a unique, carefully crafted handmade gift to a loved one has always given me great pride -Christina of PiecesbyChristina
The leaves have fallen, the rain is constant and the air is crisp. Fall left behind, and Winter has settled in! Gabriel and I both have an obsession with toques ( or beanies, as some people call’em), so we look forward to the cooler months. And it’s no wonder why Luna seems to be growing her own little collection of beanies. Although hers are much, much cuter than
most of ours.
One of Luna’s favourite Winter accessories happens to be a beautifully handmade crochet beanie by PiecesbyChristina. It is made with cozy, soft and stretchy acrylic yarn. This hand crochet beanie is chic, with a bit of a slouch, textured stitch and a super soft faux fur pompom!
Below are 10 reasons I love PiecesbyChristina, and I’m sure you will too!
- Warm- It’s warm enough for the Winter, yet provides coolness since its crochet.
- Stretchy & Slouchy- Which is perfect for Luna because she can wear her hair in a pony-tail and the beanie will still fit!
- Excellent Quality- As expected with many handmade items, PiecesbyChristina are very well made.
- Chic- Very cute, Luna gets compliments whenever she wears her slouchy PiecesbyChristina toque. I always get asked “where’d you get it?”
- Comfortable- Obviously, it has to be comfy for a toddler to wear it for many hours of the day! It’s not too hot, or tight, it fits just right!
- Made with Love- Handmade pieces, especially those made for children are made with so much love and dedication. You can see it, and almost feel it when holding the product in your hands. All the time and effort, it’s nothing but love.
- Timeless- PiecesbyChristina are timeless in that you can save them as your babies keepsake and give to them when they are older, and it will still be in great condition. Hey, who knows they can give to their child, and so on.
- Custom- Have a preferred colour combination or a specific detail? PiecesbyChristina has got you covered. She is very accommodating, which is another bonus of buying handmade.
- Durable- This hat not only looks great, but it holds up really well too. It can take the use and abuse of a toddler, that’s for sure.
- Unique- The great thing about handmade pieces is they are not mass produced.
Handmade pieces are personal. When you buy handmade you are making a connection to the artisan, and they will remember you because they care. This holiday season make an effort to buy handmade, small business; it makes a difference.
Check out PiecesbyChristina shop here, I’d love to know which is your favourite piece.