Eye health is often a topic that is over looked, or completely ignored. Did you know that an eye exam can do more than just test your vision? A comprehensive eye exam can detect potential life threatening health conditions. For people who wear glasses like me, wearing sunglasses can be a bit of a pain. You’re either 1) squinting all the time while wearing your sunglasses because they don’t have prescription, or 2) your like me, and completely BLIND while wearing your sunglasses because you don’t have prescription sunglasses. Or 3) You’re looking real funny…wearing your sunglasses ON TOP of your prescription glasses. Hahaha, yeah, I’ve totally done that.
So, I’ve been wearing glasses for at least six years now. But, it wasn’t until a couple months ago that I finally decided to get a pair of transition lens. And I can honestly say that they’ve changed my life; I can’t believe I lasted so long without wearing transition lens.
My favourite thing about transition lens is that they are so convenient! There is no need for me to be carrying around two pairs of glasses ( sun and prescription) in my diaper bag. As a mom of two little ones, I have enough to carry (and push!) around. With transition lens I don’t have to go thru the hassle of switching between my prescription glasses and my sunglasses because transition lens are basically a 2-in-1 deal.
With transition lens, you get the best of both worlds while protecting your eyes from harmful rays, strain and fatigue. Listed below are 10 reasons why everyone who wears glasses needs to get transition lens.
10 Reasons to Get Transition Lens
- Protect your eyes from the sun’s UVA & UVB rays. These harmful rays can potentially lead to cataracts. It’s recommended that you wear sunglasses during the day to protect your precious sight
- Protect your eyes from the sun’s blue light.
- Reduce strain and fatigue caused by squinting.
- Lens transition automatically from normal to tinted.
- Save money. Don’t need to buy separate prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses.
- Convenient. You don’t need to switch from wearing glasses to sunglasses. One set of frames, and you’re good to go.
- See better. You wont have to squint and strain your eyes. Before having my transition lens I would have 1 pairs of
- No glare.
- Available for all frames and lenses.
- You’ll look cool. Seriously, at least Luna and Gabriel think I look cool wearing mine. Hahaha.