Today I’m sharing my favourite ways to relieve nausea naturally because feeling queezy during pregnancy can be very uncomfortable. Especially if you have it for more than a couple of days, or weeks. Ugh, and if you’re anything like me the first time around, nausea for 6 months, it is really uncomfortable. These options worked great for me, hopefully they can provide some relief for you too!
Ways to relieve nausea naturally
Chew some spearmint or peppermint gum. Chewing gum kept my mind busy and didn’t allow me to focus my energy on feeling nauseous.
- Dab spearmint essential oil on your wrists at the beginning of your day, or when you are heading out. When you begin to feel nauseous, smell your wrists. Slowly breathing in through your nose, and exhaling through your mouth.
- Kleenex with spearmint -In a small ziploc bag, place a couple kleenex and add a few drops of spearmint essential oil onto the kleenex. Keep in your purse/bag. When you are out, and feeling nauseous, take your ziploc bag out, open and inhale through nose and exhale through mouth.
- If you can, lie down.
- Close your eyes, and focus on inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth.
- Listen to some soothing music. Listening to white noise helped me, like “rain.”
- Try not to focus on the feeling of being nauseous.
Eat little and often
Pretty self-explanatory, eat little and often. Eat bland food; bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. My favourite thing to eat, especially when I was feeling queezy was peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Also, try to keep away from food that it spicey and/or very seasoned.
Also take note of which foods make you feel nauseous, so you can avoid those.
Drink lots of water, especially before and after eating.
Some of my favourite scents to put in a diffuser while I’m feeling nauseous are: Peppermint, spearmint, lemon, lime, sweet orange, mandarin, and lavender.
Please keep in mind, that these are some of the ways that I relieved nausea naturally during my pregnancy. Now that you’ve read my 10 favourite ways to relieve nausea naturally, I would love to hear some of the ways you have coped with nausea naturally. And if you were pregnant, did you have any nausea, or were you one of the lucky ones 😛 who didn’t.