Summer has come and gone, and that can only mean one thing, CLEAN! It’s time to do some deep cleaning in our home now that we’re going to be spending more time inside. Oh, and I can’t forget about cleaning the OUTSIDE of our home. The Libman Company knows their way around cleaning products: for 120 years, the family-owned business has made quality their priority, offering the finest USA-made brooms, brushes, mops, and cleaning tools.
Growing up, my mom made sure that we (kids) would participate in cleaning our home. Once the salsa or merengue started blasting, we knew it was time to get out of. Cleaning our room was a given. Cleaning is a family affair, everybody has to do their part. And with some music, it’s a lot more fun too. Hahaha, that’s what I keep telling myself. Like most things I was taught, I am also showing my own little family. YUP, I put my favourite tunes on blast right before I start my cleaning, and that give Gabriel and Luna the signal, hahaha.
Seasons come and go, but messes don’t! If you don’t get to them sooner than later, they just start piling up. So, this weekend, we decided to give our yard a deep clean. Mhmm, deep cleaning isn’t just for the interior of your house, it’s for the exterior too. From pruning trees, storing the BBQ, and putting away patio furniture, just to name a few. It doesn’t seem like much, but deep cleaning your yard can seriously take all morning or day even.
Thankfully, our yard isn’t very big, but surprisingly, it still took us all morning. Below is a list of what we cleaned/stored from our patio.
Deep cleaning your patio:
- BBQ- Clean the crap out of the BBQ so it doesn’t go all moldy on you. And if you don’t have a BBQ cover, it’s time to grab one now. So it’ll be kept dry in the rain or snow.
- Kiddie Pool- Hose it down, wait for it to dry and then store in a container for next Summer!
- Patio Set- Give a good wash and wrap it up for next Summer. Wipe down chairs too and put into storage.
- Umbrella- Give it a good hose down, and let air dry. And then close and store away.
- Toys- Summer toys, time to give them a good scrub down and store away in a container with lid!
- Garden hose- drain and store.
- Leaves- It’s time to get into the habit of sweeping the falling leaves! Especially since we have so many trees around us, so the leaves really start adding up at the end of the week. I love the traditional corn broom by Libman Company because it is light weight and can be used both in-and-outdoors.
Remember to make cleaning fun, embrace lifes messes! I love watching how eager our little Luna is too help, and clean. Her favourite cleaning activities have to be sweeping, raking, and anything that involves water.
After finishing deep cleaning our yard, we took a well deserved lunch break and then got back to work. No, no, I’m just kidding. It was nap time after lunch for the kids, and I ended up falling asleep with them too. Hahaha. Deep cleaning the inside of our house was to be tackled the next day.
You can find The Libman Company products are your local Canadian Tire or Home Depot stores. And if you sign up for their newsletter, they’ll send you a $3-off coupon.