The opinions in this article are my own. I do not work for, or with, any brand mentioned in this article, nor do I have any official relationship with them. I have a relationship with GigaSavvy, for whom I create original editorial content.
So many things change when you become a parent, for the better. When I found out I was pregnant with our Little Moon I decided that I wanted be the “BEST” version of me. That meant everything from expressing myself creatively, learning something new and to ultimately develop and maintain healthy habbits. Not only for me, but for my now expanding family.
The last one, developing and maintaining healthy habbits is especially important because as a parent, your child picks up everything from you. Children are always watching and learning, that’s why it is important for parents to establish healthy routines, including physical activities and healthy eating habbits. So as a parent, you have to lead by example.
Being healthy is a lifestyle, it is a commitment that will benefit not only yourself, but everyone around you. As I mentioned before, I started focusing on my health habbits during pregnancy because I knew once my baby was born, it would be a lifestyle. So I’ve been on this healthy lifestyle for about a year and a bit now, and I have really enjoyed the process and am happy that I started when I did.
And now that Lunita is growing, I notice that she is getting used to some of our healthy routines, which includes,going for walks and eating veggies and fruit. Below are some of my tips to help you keep your family healthy:
- Healthy Eating:
- Don’t skip meals. Always eat breakfast.
- Snacks: I enjoy simple snack, like hard boiled eggs with a plate of veggies and fresh fruit with a side of hummus.
- Smoothies: You can throw in veggies/fruit, oatmeal, chia seeds.
2. Water: Drink up to 8 glasses of water a day. I have a tall glass of water in the morning, in between meals and one before bed. It helps that in my home I don’t buy juice or soda.
3. Physical Activity: Do something you enjoy. You don’t have to go to the gym, you can go for a bike ride, or simply go for a nice walk around the neighborhood.
Starting a healthy routine is easy, keeping it may be another story. But take it one day at a time and make the effort for you and your family, it’s one of the most important things you can do.