As moms we learn how to juggle several tasks at a time, like cleaning the house while doing some cardio and talking on the phone. Or, one of my favourites, breastfeeding in the carrier while hanging clothes to dry! It seems like there is always something on our “To Do List.” And more than often, we don’t take the opportunity to relax, or treat ourselves to some “Me Time,” which may lead to over-exhaustion, burn out and plain old crankiness. Yes, I’m guilty (Sorry, Amor)! I know that sometimes you can feel so alone, hopeless or sad because of all the go-go-go, but it’s important to know that you aren’t alone.
Moms = Community. And we’ve all been there, done that and felt some sort of way. Take that “Me Time” and treat yourself, whether it be lunch with a girlfriend, dinner with your “mom friends” without the kids or a solo coffee date.
On September 25, 2015, VancouverMom.ca, Entrepreneur Mom Now, and JellyBeen will be hosting the fourth annual Leading Moms. Be among an audience of other moms in a day filled with stories from mothers making a difference in the arts, business, health, media, politics and more. You’ll hear about their personal journeys in motherhood through a mix of performance, video and intimate talks delivered straight from the heart that will leave you refreshed and inspired.
Leading Moms is a one-day event featuring inspiring talks from extraordinary moms. The speaker line-up includes:
- Mi-Jung Lee – CTV News, Investigative Reporter / Anchor
- Alexandra T. Greenhill – Physician Tech CEO
- Amy Robinson – LOCO BC
- Bonnie Foley-Wong – Pique Venture Management
- Jessie Farrell – Juno and CCMA Winner and Recording Artist
- Morgane Oger – Leader in Social Change
- Tara Hungerford – Award Winning Filmmaker
- Samantha Reynolds – Poet and Award-winning Storyteller
Tickets are only $65 ($90 with lunch), and include:
- A keynote, talks and presentations
- Breakfast (including fresh juice from the Juice Truck) and a chance to connect with other local moms.
- Complimentary childcare at a Kids and Company location near you
- Optional lunch ($25) at Craft Beer Market in Olympic Village
- Prizes and schwag including two nights at Summerland Resort (& wine!), an Arts Umbrella gift certificate, Bombay Brows gift card & rose petal skin care gift pack, 2 Scandinave Spa entries in Whistler and more!
Get your tickets today! Ticket holders can register for complimentary childcare, courtesy of Kids and Company, at any of their Lower Mainland locations. I look forward to seeing you there 🙂
For more information, follow Leading Moms online: